Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Question, gunk/muck as compost?

Even more evidence those fish were not doing their job!

Well, yes and no. The worms are generally not harmful.

Fur sure... they can be so plentiful the fish can't keep up. DS had a crop
in his one aquarium, he had to put platys in to finally control them, as
the fish in residence couldn't eat them all and they went to the midge
mode. They were so bad he always had a crop of dead midges in the window
well till the platys did their thing.

Yes, I just hate to see my Koi get diabetes - their legs fall right off,
doncha know...

LOL! If that's the case, mine are already in trouble. Good thing they have
aqua support. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us