Old 05-10-2008, 09:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Lemon pest/disease

wrote in message

I just moved into a new flat in Canberra, Australia. There's a lemon
tree in the garden, which is nice, but it's not in the best of health.
Alot of the leafs look chlorotic.

Have a look at the rest of them in the region and you'll find they all look
ghastly at this time of year. Give it a good feed - Dynamic Lifter will do
but water it well before giving the feed, wait a day, feed it and then water
it again and mulch it (but not up to the stem - an old plastic pot with the
bottom cut out and slit down the side works well to keep mulch off stems).
Keep it well watered through summer (and fed). In a few weeks you'll see a
world of difference.

Some have brown patches and holes.
Some of the fruit has whiteish stuff on it. I've seen a couple of
white fly type things as well. I sprayed with a pymethrin/oil mixture
to get rid of any insects. I was just wondering whether there maybe a
fungal or bacterial problem as well that may need attention. Here's a
link to some typical leafs and fruit from the tree. Any help would be
appreciated.

May or may not solve it - keep an eye on it or otherwise back to Rodneys you
go. Put a thick band of Vaseline round the trunk and keep it on if you have
any ants around.