Old 05-10-2008, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default Allotment finds

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Sandy" typed:
~misfit~ wrote:
Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Anne Welsh Jackson" typed:
"shazzbat" wrote:

I hope you'll all check your compost heaps carefully -
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ugh_allotment/
That snake looks suspiciously like a constrictor to me.

No way would I wind it round my neck! He must be mad!!

Looks like a Reticulated Python to me. I'm disappointed the article
doesn't say.

Wrong pattern for a Reticulated, it's actually a Burmese Python.

Yup, it seems you're right. Here's a pic of my Mum with a reticulated:

http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1223194641.jpg

Unfortunately it's not the first time, and no doubt won't be the last,
that one has been found roaming the UK countryside. People often find
they can't cope with such a large snake once it reaches adulthood and
subsequently struggle to rehome them so instead they let them go free.

Bloody idiots. It's a bit cold for pythons in the UK.

Fortunately, they're not a particularly aggressive snake although due
to the sheer size of them they can severely injure or kill a person,
and indeed have done, but mostly due to human error and stupidity.

Yep, there's plenty of that around that's for sure.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.