Old 06-10-2008, 05:59 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Propagation help required

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:42:51 +0800, Linda wrote:

But at Bunnings they're $28 each. I've tried taking cuttings using hormone
gel and for the life of me I can't seem to get the cuttings to take.

What "soil" are you using?
what preparation did you give it?
Hard/old or new/fresh wood?
Did you bury a node? not just a length?

apps if egg sucking

I'm wondering if layering may be the way to go.

All it is going to cost is maybe a few flowers this year.

When we do stuff like this, we just make up a poly box of
soil/potting/seedraising/??? and fill it full of cuttings and see what
happens, but I've never tried Hydrangeas or the like.