Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] j.mae90@gmail.com is offline

Default Concolor Fir dropping needles

On Oct 2, 6:28*pm, "symplastless" wrote:
Are the needles being shed on the current growth increment or are they
shedding from previous years wood?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

wrote in message

I work for a landscaping company in the nursery & one of the Concolor
Fir's has needles turning brown & dropping. I've been googling it & so
far I've read that old needles will drop... These Fir's are about 12
ft tall if not a little taller & established in the ground. Is it a
safe bet that they're just old needles falling off? The older gal I
work with usually knows these kinds of things like the back of her
hand but she was somewhat confused by it as well. I'm hoping I can
give her an answer.

I appreciate the feedback.
Thanks!

I don't really know since I just started working for this company in
the late spring.