Old 10-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Tom Gauldin

Default Snakes are out and about

"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message
news:mW0la.2105$W%4.2533@www.newsranger.com...
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:43:32 -0700, in article

VB%ka.4723$2_3.2295@fed1read04,
Tom Gauldin wrote:

Susan Hogarth" wrote in message news:tO_ka.2023$W%

My dogs seem to ignore snakes, although I have seen other dogs who

react
strongly to them. The dogs and I nearly stepped on a young copperhead

once
before I realised it and hopped on one foot

It was probably just a corn snake and you imagined it to be a Copperhead,
since it makes for a more interesting story. grin ...

Amusing. Fortunately I had my amateur herpetologist husband with me.

Isn't there an ointment nowadays for Herpetology? grin

BTW, I have no fight with snakes at all, unless they're I perceive them as a
threat (the cotton mouth) or they take my by surprise. I leave them alone,
respect them for killing rodents and think they're interesting. However,
when I'm surprised by one, or have one come at me, I react violently, which
is probably a shame.
--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL