Old 07-10-2008, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default 150 year old beech tree

Sacha wrote:
On 7/10/08 00:17, in article , "Christina
Websell" wrote:

"hazchem" wrote in message
.

By the way, its costing £3,000 to get it cut down.

Gordon Bennett! Are they replacing it with a gold one into the price? Get
another quote, that one is ridiculous.

I can't help feeling there's a typo there with the noughts. We've had all
sorts of trees taken down here when essential to do so and not one has ever
cost that kind of money - Redwood cedars, Monterey pines - not a patch on
that for price and all mature trees dying back.

I had a mature lime removed 2 years ago. The best quote there was about
£1,000, that included traffic lights while the job took place, as we are
near a corner, and were needed for H&S. The adjacent tree is looking
poorly, how much that will cost I shudder to think as there are electric
wires near it, so they will have to be disconnected before work can be
carried out!