Old 07-10-2008, 02:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default How much sulphur for acidic soil ?

On Oct 5, 1:07*pm, Vegegrower
wrote:
I got a B&Q soil tester and it indicated the soil was about PH 9, dark
green on the package scale indicator.

I only grow vegetables such as potatoes, onions, leeks, turnips and the
like and I need to know how much sulphur per square yard or meter do I
have to add to reduce the PH of the soil to get it slightly acidic
which it seems is ideal for popular vegetables.

Can any one advise on the amount of sulphur to use please?

many thanks

--Sulfur Application Rate

Sulfur tilled in to 6” depth to adjust pH in lbs/1000 sq ft
Use elemental “agricultural sulfur” in a flaked or pelleted form
Existing pH Desired pH Clay Loam Sandy Loam
8.0 7.0 32 20 8
6.5 47 29 12
7.5 7.0 16 10 .4
6.5 32 20 8