Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Dickiesam Dickiesam is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesLavender View Post
Just (20th April 2008) had the same problem with a Honda engined Mountfield mower that's about 7 years old. £2.99 on a replacement spark plug and I was able to power through wet grass that was, in places, as high as the top of the engine cover. Pulls like a train again. Result!!
Des.
Exactly the same problem with my mower - 7 years old too. After trying all the fuel and air things + clean & re gap plug (because that is what it seems the problem must be) it was a new plug that fixed mine too. Many thanks for the tip - I was about to buy a new mower.
Dickiesam