Old 07-10-2008, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Att David Poole

On 7/10/08 17:09, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Yes, they think the old, original photos have probably faded but that the
foliage, flower, scent etc. matches the original description and seem wholly
content that it is P. John Innes.

Well, that's that then - ya-boo-sucks to those oh-so-expert
passiflorists ;-)

The fact that Ray *knows* it is because
of its provenance means that his reaction has been a sort of 'huh' but it's
nice to have the official confirmation.

Yes and do remember there's a declaimer about it written by Leslie
King some years ago, so it's extra nice to be able to dismiss that.

After all, what do mere Nurserymen
know? ;-))

Booger-all Sacha and as an ex-nurseryman, I know even less ;-)

Still, I'm sure we can all live with that :-)

I daresay we'll get by. ;-) Don't forget we're going away end of Oct so
come over soon. The Scilla maderensis is blooming!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com