Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default How to grow brussel sprouts

Derek Turner wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:59 -0700, michael wrote:

.My soil is fairly
light (sandy) and I am always adding compost and well rotted horse
manure to enrich it.
What am I doing wrong?

Trying to grow them in an unsuitable soil. Try carrots Sprouts (It's
Brussels btw) and cauli's like a nice heavy soil.

I am intending to convert my allotment to 4 deep beds to help rotation.
Can sprouts be grown at all well in a deep bed given that the idea is to
avoid treading on the soil?

Thanks
Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames