Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting research

Spider wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Regards
Bob Hobden

Mmm. Good news, as far as it goes, but what effect does it have on humans?

I applaud it for decoratives, but I have no inclination to play the guinea
pig where food crops are concerned.

Spider

First reaction is that there would be homeopathically little jasmoic
acid left in the crop at harvest but I suppose that it must work by
inducing the plant to make their own pesticides. OTOH I remember reading
that someone suggested that eating bruised fruit would be advantageous
because of elevated salicylic acid. Presumably diverting the plant to
make more pesticides is at the expense of growth or they would do it
anyway.

Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames