Old 08-10-2008, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Interesting research

The message
from Paul Luton contains these words:

First reaction is that there would be homeopathically little jasmoic
acid left in the crop at harvest but I suppose that it must work by
inducing the plant to make their own pesticides. OTOH I remember reading
that someone suggested that eating bruised fruit would be advantageous
because of elevated salicylic acid. Presumably diverting the plant to
make more pesticides is at the expense of growth or they would do it
anyway.

Carrots and parsnips do so under the skin, naturally.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig