Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default heating the pond in winter

the sun goes down. I was thinking looking for a "controller" but havent found
anything in my price range. I thought to set up a weather station with wireless
thermometers and a remote on/off switch to the pump. When off the panel should drain
completely.
I hadnt thought about gunk jamming up the tubes. I am going to have to ask how small
those tubes are. thanks.

any other ideas???????? please, lets get it all out front before I spend the time
and money. Ingrid

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:03:21 EDT, "RichToyBox" wrote:
That type of solar heater looks good, but the pump needs to be taken off
line when the sun goes low in the sky or it will act as a cooler, giving up
the heat to the atmosphere. The design uses small tubes for the water to
travel through, and I would fear biofilm restriction of the tubes or pieces
of algae or other junk stopping the tubing up. .