Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Greenhouse Base - how level?

In article , Granity
writes

LOL I'm about to take delivery of an 8x10 Halls Magnum, nothing solid
to put it on so it'll be dig a shallow trench put down some drymix
concrete and bed the base on it. Trouble is I've got emphysema and can
only dig about 4 or 5 spadefulls at a time before having to get my
breath back, it's going to take several days to get the base down
methinks. :-(

We've just got a 8 x 14 Rhino greenhouse. Wonderful!! It came with 8
vents with automatic openers and two side louvres. Paid extra for blinds
on one side of the roof (greenhouse now turned to north south axis).
It's feels much, much bigger than the old one because of course the
sides are straight rather than the leaning ones of the cedar Alton.
I took the old Alton down, though it took a bit of huffing and puffing
and pure grit at one point to get the glass out as the thing was so
swaybacked it's a wonder it didn't fall down before I dismantled it!"

I won't put anything in it even low staging yet until i have dug out
wither side and put down weed suppressant matting and then shingle. Bit
tricky once the staging is in!.

Ended up trailing the pole with the electric wire inside, under the
greenhouse frame in a channel and so I'll have to have a think about the
way i am going to fix it to aboard inside.

It also came with guttering and hose pipe connections at each corner so
i can fix a huge tank to the short end .

It'll never look so good as it does now of course - all shiny and new

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph