Old 10-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Queen

Default Anthropomorphizing your plants...

It's easy to get anthropomorphic (or rather anthropopathic) about
plants, projecting our own thoughts and feelings onto them!

For example: I had to take out my Santa Rosa plum last year,
and "threatened" the apricot with a similar fate if it didn't get its
act together (bore very little last few years). Whaddyaknow,
the "intimidated" apricot is loaded! Now, if I can only cut a deal
with the squirrels...g

I've felt this way before. I once bought a beautiful japanese maple and
lovingly planted it on my patio in a half barrell container. I loved that
tree like nothing else - it was so lovely. I had searched high and low to
find it.

Unfortunately, it did not come back the following season. Apparently,
its only marginally hardy in my zone, and the container just did it in.

When I took it down, and chopped it up, and disposed of it.....it kinda
felt like murder....like hacking up a dead body after the deed. I got a
creepy feeling about it anyway.

Weird, eh?

Sally