Old 23-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Mark & Kathy Mills

Default Wintering pond fish inside

FYI

We have a whiskey barrel pond with a couple of pond fish I picked up at the
pet shop. I was worried about what to do with them over the winter here in
Northern Illinois. I considered keeping a pump going outside to provide an
air hole, but I was afraid it would shut off and I wouldn't notice it before
the guys became fish-sicles.

I put my pond fish into a plastic tote container abut the size of a laundry
basket. I put 'em in there in October along with some of their pond rocks
and a small pump to keep the water aerated. They eat twice a week and not
only survived the winter but have grown so accustomed to my face they come
to greet me when I take the cover off.

So, when is a good time for me to take them back outside?

mm