Old 10-10-2008, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel[_11_] Mel[_11_] is offline

Default Weed ID

"Mel" wrote
I have a mystery weed in my borders, and wonder if anyone can ID it for

Mouse-ear hawkweed?

Ah, thanks, yes. I've just Googled "hawkweed" - it's Orange Hawkweed.
Tis the devil's weed, I tell ya. I'll be out with the Roundup this
weekend.

I've just been reading up on this and it seems that you can actually buy
seeds for this plant. I suppose if it's kept under control it's okay, but
in my garden this is one of the most invasive plants I've ever come across.
It only appeared in my garden last year, and this year it's swamping
everything and I don't like orange flowers!