Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default New Zealand trip

"Sacha" wrote in message
Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.
Our itinerary (after a few days in Xian) is Kerikeri, Napier & Hawkes Bay,
Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Wanaka, Te Anau, Devonport,
Auckland
- home! We've got places to stay in all these stops for a few nights and
then we're also at leisure in between stops to pick and choose where we
visit. We'll be away for around 6 weeks altogether and we are looking
forward to it like mad!

some tips for you.

Please don't bring the english summer with you, it has only just stopped
raining here.
If you are thinking of going swimming, find a heated pool.

Kerikeri, go to the Bay of Islands and especially a place just up the road
called the Haruru Falls. If the pub there is still open stop in and have a
beer, especially if a warmish night. Magic little place.

Napier - art deco, do the walking tour at least.
http://www.historic.org.nz/Register/...sp?RID=1170&rm
http://www.artdeconapier.com/Guided_..._Tours_46.aspx
http://www.artdeconapier.com/Art_Dec...ldings_28.aspx

Devonport - take a hike around Mt Victoria & ferry across to the city or
even better out to Waiheke Island. The ferry ride is a great way to view the
city.

Auckland - Gardens in Parnell only small but nice in spring, Auckland
domain, and Botanical gardens in Manurewa.
http://gardens.co.nz/Gardenstovisit/Auckland.htm Frasers Cafe in Mount Eden
Road - very nice afghan biscuits
http://www.igougo.com/entertainment-...resso_Bar.html
Heleems Restaurant for a very nice curry (I have tried over 1 dozen in
Auckland over the past 2 months, this one was good)
http://www.dineout.co.nz/restaurant....Cuisine_(Halal)

rob