Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Blackberry bushes

On 11/10/08 17:47, in article
,
" wrote:

On 11 Oct, 17:41, Sacha wrote:
On 11/10/08 14:37, in article
,

" wrote:
On 11 Oct, 14:22, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
wrote in message

I need some advice can someone tell me how to get rid of these bushes
they just seem to come back apart from using a flame thrower and it's
moving up the list, is there something less dangerous?

A goat.

Sensible suggestions please

If you can borrow one from somewhere, it really is a sensible answer. *It
might be possible to find someone who would be happy to tether a goat in
your garden for a while but make sure it can't get near anything you don't
want eaten.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

As you are aware from my post I'm not really into gardening hince why
I said what I did, I have cut them but want to flatten them into the
ground I'm too far away for borrowing the goat though would love to
take up your offer.

LoL. The last thing we'd welcome on a Nursery is a goat - or not a free
range one! Dig, dig and dig again is your answer or use a really tough
spray which will kill everything within range over and over again. Really,
cut them back as best you can and dig out as much as you can and keep doing
it. They root where the tips bend over into the ground, which is why
they're such a pain to deal with and so prolific.