Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default conifer pine mulch update

"D. Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 23:27:04 -0500, "D. Staples"
wrote:

"symplastless" wrote in message
MULCH

Ignore this fool

Hey, I am very familiar with Livingston. I used to visit a death row
inmate at the Polunsky Unit. Those are some beautiful forests. I
love Lake Livingston also. The Great Blue Herons and the pelicans and
it's just so beautiful.

As we drive there from Austin we go the back roads and pass all the
areas where they are clearing the forest. I hope that's not YOU! Say
it isn't so....

If you are saying clear cutting, no, not me. My clients are in it for the
long run. But we were hit hard, again, by Ike. I am currently running
casualty loss calculations for those clients that took the hit. According
to the state, we lost five per cent of our commercial forest to the storm.
Salvage is in full swing to reduce both the fire danger and prepare some
areas for replanting. Much of the loss is hard woods, with pine suffering
lighter damage. Some stands have nearly every stem broken off at or
around the twenty foot level. The real devastation is further south,
Liberty, Harden, and Chambers Counties.

Much of what you saw is probably company lands. They prefer short
rotations.
Don Staples - Consulting Salvage Hog
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

In reality Don Staples claims to be a "consulting forester" while he refuses
to define specifically what that is at his website at:
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm

PLEASE DEFINE WHAT YOU ARE. "CONSULTING FORESTER" YOUR LINK IS DEAD.
@ http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm

Ok, then, Don Staples. Please provide data specific to Texas that states
that your salvage and restoration work increases the health of a forest
rather
than what I state, that your practice is deforestation. Please
provide the page and paragraph number where your data can be found stating
that you increase forest health by your salvage and restoration work. You
claim I am a fraud while all along you promote deforestation claiming sound
treatment for landowners investment. You claim to be a consulting forester.
Please consult and provide the data for your practice.