Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Justbrilliant

Default John Deere 210

1983 with a 12 hp 321AQS Kohler. While running, If pull out the dipstick,
exhaust gas plumes about 4 feet high. It still runs and tows my 1 yd cart
at slow speeds, but when I ask it to go uphill, or add throttle, it seems
like the motor binds.

None of my other lawn machines do this. My guess is the the valves or the
rings are bad. I want to keep this workhorse as part of my weekend
lineup, and I have tools and equipment to pull the motor. Is a rebuild
possible? or do I need to find a donor motor?

I would also like to get rid of the points and install an electronic
ignition.. is that possible?

--
Justbrilliant