Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Boogerhead[_2_] Boogerhead[_2_] is offline

Default Oct11-C - 20085455.jpg

You just answered a question I haven't asked yet. Thanks!

I have a bunch of these blooming right now that grew from a butterfly
seed mix. They are the only flowers from the mix that are still
blooming and I was about to take some shots to post to see if someone
could ID them for me.

Yes, these are cosmos. I plant some in one particular bed every year,
but they also wander around the garden on their own. These are quite
tall. This particular specimen is well over 6-ft. With naturalizing
there are also some unique color combinations and markings out there.
One of the nice things about them is that they are one of the few
flowers in my garden that are still in bloom at this time of year
(along with border dahlias and nasturtium). They may be known as a
"kids flower", but I find them quite attractive and useful.

JD

Constructive criticism always welcome.

Macros shot with a Canon 100mm f/2.8
Telephotos shot with a Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS
Everything else shot with a Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS

BH