Old 13-10-2008, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Erythrina crista-galli

wrote:
Mine has just developed flower-buds, for the first time! What chances
do I have of seeing flowers this year, in Cambridge?

If anyone else wants to grow it and thinks it's too tender (well, it
is, really), please ask what I do. Alternatively, if anyone has
succeeded with it in the colder parts of the UK, please give me any
hints! Yes, I grow it herbaceously, as you would expect.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Heh. Lucky you. Mine's about 20 years from seed now, and still hasn't
flowered.

I live in hope.

--
Jeff