Old 13-10-2008, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_251_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_251_] is offline

Default Sweet Corn

"Mel" wrote in message
I'm starting to plan ahead for next year's allotment crop and I'm looking
at sweet corn. I know that some varieties have to be grown apart from
other varieties, but I'm confused between tendersweet, extra sweet,
supersweet, sugar sweet, etc.

Could someone enlighten me as to which varieties have to be grown apart,
and which varieties can be grown close to each other?

Many thanks.

As far as I'm aware the F1 hybrids should not be planted together. I think
the various 'sweet' descriptions may be advertising similes from different
firms. The one I've grown for 2 years running now, it's that good, is F1
Tasty Gold. It is very sweet and delicious.