Old 13-10-2008, 11:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default heating the pond in winter

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:59:41 EDT, wrote:

the sun goes down. I was thinking looking for a "controller" but havent found
anything in my price range. I thought to set up a weather station with wireless
thermometers and a remote on/off switch to the pump. When off the panel should drain
completely.
I hadnt thought about gunk jamming up the tubes. I am going to have to ask how small
those tubes are. thanks.

any other ideas???????? please, lets get it all out front before I spend the time
and money. Ingrid

Well... you could do it like a radiator, in that instead of pond water in
the tubes circulate fresh and have tubing in the pond that gives off heat
like a radiator in a room? I know this is the type of thing people who heat
their ponds with gas or electric do.... I believe.

remote control switches, look in the Xmas lighting sections of
stores.... unless you're hoping to find a temperature sensitive one, that
could be pricey. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us