Old 14-10-2008, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Japanese Knot Weed

"Mary Fisher" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote ...
Why does this make me nervous?

probably visions of Cane Toads in Oz or the Mongoose in Jamaica or Foxes
in Oz.......
I do hope the research is done properly.

While cleaning my teeth this morning I pondered this question for the two
minutes my sonic brush allows me, for no good reason I could think of
except that I was looking out at the back garden.

I reckon that there are more 'safe' biological controls than there are
undesirable ones.

Over all of history I'm not so sure, although that's probably down to
stupidity and/or desperation coupled with a lack of understanding/research.
I understood most of the "safe" ones use native insects/fungi/bacteria not
imported ones.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden