Old 15-10-2008, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse Base - how level?

In article ,
says...

Hi All,

I'm about to build a greenhouse on some existing paving slabs. The
slabs are very firmly laid, but are not perfectly level. I'm building
a 4' x 6' greenhouse and along the 6' length the slabs are virtually
level, but along the 4' length it drops by about 15mm. I'm using a
metal base supplied with the greenhouse. With this amount of fall is
it OK to bolt the base directly to the slabs, or should I try and level
it up (if so using what?)? The greenhouse is in a sheltered site, so
it won't have to content with very high winds.

I'd appreciate any advice.

It does not sound a lot but remember the glass will be right angled and
you will have the devils own job glazing it if you do not level it, but
there is no need to moveve the slabs just pack under the frame base till
level then use morter
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk