Old 16-10-2008, 12:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Question about Compost bins

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 01:41:36 +1100, YMC wrote:

OK, I see. We don't have a lot of kitchen waste and so most of the stuff
that goes into the Gedye bins is the lawn clippings, weeds etc..

My kitchen waste includes a lot of liquid; teapot remains, initial
rinse/wash of pots, etc. Often, I'm just dumping a bucket of liquid with
little solid.

I also do not have solid covers, but pieces of old carpet thus allowing as
much of the rain as it can to get into it. Caveat, some carpet is good
water proofing. old bags would be better.

Final 2c, AFAIK composting is AEROBIC (oxygen is present), not anerobic
(e.g water logged ground).