Old 16-10-2008, 03:12 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Question about Compost bins

"Erik Vastmasd" wrote in message
You don't have a lot of kitchen waste?

A lot of stuff people put in their Council's recycle bin could also have
added to their own compost bin. Newspapers, cardboard, egg cartons etc.

Although if you also breed worms in your compost then newspapers and
cardboard with a lot of printing isn't beneficial for worms.
--

Erik.

No. I don't have a lot of kitchen waste. I don't throw food out and the
leftovers I reheat the next meal or next day.

I don't read newspapers except when I'm at the Library. I try and read
everything online these days. Less clutter, less waste.

I think that my worm farm was just simply in the wrong location. Exposed to
too much sun. And the compost pile there just gets too dry during Summer.
Most of them run away.

I relocated the worm farm to a separate shady section of the garden - will
let the group know how it goes.