Old 16-10-2008, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Some Citrus questions

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

How much cold can they cope with if fleeced?
Would they be better in my unheated conservatory once winter comes?

Most can take a light frost, as other people have pointed out, but
an unheated conservatory is probably better. If nothing else, it
will prevent them from waterlogging.

If I can get them back to health can they be pruned back to get a better
shaped? I am concerned that if I do it now they would have few leaves
this winter.

I caused major leaf drop on my kaffir lime, which was getting out of
shape anyway, and cut it back hard. It responded by shooting with
vigour. If I were to say that Citrus make good hedge plants, would
that help? :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.