Old 16-10-2008, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
JustTom JustTom is offline

Default garlic

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:19:59 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

(JustTom) wrote:

Anyone else?

There's a spreadsheet on my personal page, in the .sig below. I've got
something less than half cracked, and none planted, though the bed just
needs a couple more passes with Mr. Troy-Bilt to make sure the buckwheat
cover is dead. I should be planting in a day or two, which is earlier than
my usual late date in upstate New York..

Cool, I was hoping at least one or two garlic head still hung out
here.

This is my first year of expanding and doing anything more than
dabbling, so hopefully I'll be successful enough to start building my
seed stock. I didn't plant a green manure in my bed, but have loaded
it with rabbit manure, and plan to use chopped leaves for mulch.

I just joined SSE about a month ago for next year, so am curious to
see their offerings next year.

A few questions:

Is the "# planted" bulbs or cloves?

From the "source" column, it looks like you buy new stock every year,
or does that just mean where you got your originals from?

What does column Q represent (the length inc buffer feet one) ?

Have you ever tried saving and planting from bulbils?