Old 16-10-2008, 10:10 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default rabbits anyone?

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:33:39 +0000, John Savage wrote:

Chookie writes:
In article ,
John Savage wrote:

But I understood that rabbits give their droppings a second chew, and
this tidy arrangement clearly defeats that behaviour.

If they are coprophages, like guinea pigs, then the droppings they eat
are not the regular ones but a special kind, which they eat straight
from the vending machine.

Ah. That answers that question, but raises more. I guess rabbits are
sufficiently flexible for this feat, but Guinea Pigs aren't, so must
Guinea Pigs then eat their supper in pairs??

What's more, how many times can the one meal be recycled?

From what I've seen - at least 3 times:

Twice for the rabbits and once for my less-than-sane-but-still-only-a-pup
Kelpie. She seems to think rabbit poo is as good as the dry food she gets.
(we are almost inundated by bunnies here - but the fresh meat is
appreciated)

Maybe like chewing gum on the bedstead, grass gradually loses
its flavour with each chewing?

Your theory may explain why I find the old & well read Reader's Digest
mags at the doctor's surgery so boring?