Old 16-10-2008, 11:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default do fins grow back?

"wilma" wrote in message
el...
My poor black fan tail ,after being put inside for the winter , I notic

ed
his whole one half of his fat body must have been sucked to the pond
filter for a time.Now his fins are only half there .His front one just

stub.He still eats and swims,mostly in circles.Does'nt seem to be stres

sed
at all.Should I salt or use Melafix,,something for a while? Will these

fins grow back a bit?

===================You may want to enclose the filter in wired together pond plant black
plastic baskets. Close them like clamshells with the pump inside. Cut a
"just right" hole for the hose and cord.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.