Old 17-10-2008, 04:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Pattersons' Curse

In article ,
"Linda" wrote:

Least I think that's what it is!
I was driving past a meadow of deep purple (my favourite colour)
anywho I stopped, took a cutting and I am now told it's Patterson's Curse!
I have a HUGE garden so there's plenty of room.
How bad is this delightful flower?

Linda

Rool, rool bad. Plenty of it in Western NSW. One of the farmers we stayed
with told us that the CSIRO have brought out a bug against it, which is
reasonably effective though slow to start. The stuff will grow in uniform
sheets if you let it, without a blade of grass to be seen between the plants.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/