Old 18-10-2008, 03:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Question about Compost bins

"terryc" wrote in message
news
But, if one of these closed bins is all you have, then it is still
better than consigning the organic matter to landfill.

that's how we started composting. we didn't even use it in those days - it
just used to break down in its bin while we ignored it, & it would sort of
disappear, really.

Although, we have friends who consider any composting a complete waste of
tme and effort. They claim you should just bury it directly into holes in
the garden. I guess being in Perth, this is easy in the sandy soil.

lots of people bury. at my mum's house they don't even bury it, they just
chuck it in the garden!

myself, when i tried burying i found i'd just dig it up again accidently. it
was ridiculous. (some of us need the discipline of a bin or pile!!)
kylie