Old 18-10-2008, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Manure

On 18/10/08 11:44, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:05:12 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 18/10/08 08:42, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

[10 quoted lines suppressed]

Yes, AIUI, it's chicken manure applied directly to the plants or put into
the soil at the same time as planting. We had chickens for a few years and
the year after we got rid of them we had a fantastic crop of potatoes on
that patch.

Our hens are going off to another home today as we never keep free range
hens in the Winter months as they make a shocking mess of our garden. The
hen house would need lighting for them to continue to lay eggs too, so we
start afresh every Spring with new ones.

Ours were in a large pen because of what they did to the garden!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com