Old 20-10-2008, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default Manure

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Sacha" typed:
Isn't chicken manure especially notorious for burning off plants? If
it's not rotted down, it can be diluted a lot in buckets of water and
used that way. I think the same goes for cow manure but chicken is
even more powerful, supposedly - no idea of which ingredients account
for that!

It's the chicken's urine. They don't urinate and defacate seperately so
their manure is a mixture of both (which is why it's such a good fertiliser
used judiciously).

Cheers,
--
Shaun.