Old 20-10-2008, 12:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Janet Lillie Janet Lillie is offline

Default Taking Cuttings

I grew white Icebergs from cuttings and planted them near the road where
they get no extra water or fertilizer, just an occasional weed and they
flower and flower and flower. (I am in South East Queensland)
p.s.My climbing Maria Callas is finally flowering after 2 years. (I just
had to share that.)
"YMC" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
Question: I understand that you cannot take cuttings from all rose
plants. Does anyone know anything about the climbers, "Don Juan and
Joseph's Coat?" I won't cut them back until after Thanksgiving and that's
when I take my cuttings. I have not tried these two yet. Any thoughts?

Why not give it a go. Maybe it will work.

My old gardener told me that cuttings will not last as their root systems
are inferior.

I've got two roses grown from cuttings - not graftings - and both are
spectacular.