Old 20-10-2008, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Yard Sharing

In article
,
CanopyCo wrote:

On Oct 20, 12:29*am, Skylermoon wrote:
Dear Gardening Community,
My name is Joshua Patterson I am posting this message to let you know
about a program I am trying to get started in Portland, Oregon.
Its called Yard Sharing. We all have that strip of grass between the
street and the sidewalk or that patch of grass we always neglect on
the side or in the back of our yard. Maybe your neglected space is in
your front yard.
Here in Portland our community gardens are overwhelmed with people. We
have too many people who want to have a garden and not enough space.
So I have gotten the idea of sharing yards with people who want or
need food producing gardens.
I have created a website where people can post spaces available or
people can post that they would like to create a garden. Its free I
will never charge to post or view or anything like that. I am just
trying to build a sustainable community and find a good way to allow
people to grow their own food.
Please check out our website athttp://www.yardsharing.organd let us
know what you think. If you have ideas about how we can make this
program grow please let us know..

Joshua Patterson

I'd be interested in how it works out.

My experience in garden sharing is mostly that they only want to share
in the harvest after I get it in a bag and never want to share in the
planting or maintaining of the garden.

And if they do share in the planting and maintaining, then they want
to do something entirely different then what I am doing and know to
work.

I'd love to do this here, but they'd need to split the cost of the water
with me. ;-) And share the weeding chores...
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om