Old 20-10-2008, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake D[_4_] Jake D[_4_] is offline

Default Using black plastic sheeting to kill off vegetation prior to vegetable-planting

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:28:44 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

I think at you are going to a lot of trouble without there being much
chance of success as the soil will be far from weed-free when you remove
the covering.

I see. I was assuming it was a quicker process.

Best to roughly dig the soil and expose it to the frosts so that in the
spring you can break it down into a fine tilth ready for spring planting

That sounds an interesting technique. Doesn't that make life difficult
for the earthworms ?

JD