Old 20-10-2008, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake D[_4_] Jake D[_4_] is offline

Default Using black plastic sheeting to kill off vegetation prior to vegetable-planting

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:14:48 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Plastic sheeting will have no benefit for such a short period and can alter
the pH of the soil over an extended period anyway. Green manure I don't use
as I've had a very bad experience with it.

Like what? Do you mind sharing?

Dig the plot and dig in well rotted horse manure (1 year old) where you
intend to plant your potatoes next season, depends what crop rotation you
use. That's all that needs doing until the early spring when you start
planting again...Broad Beans, Shallots, Onions...

Apart from some weeding, perhaps...

That said, you have already planted your Garlic haven't you.

No, as I don't use it... Thanks.

JD