Old 21-10-2008, 03:11 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] man@privacy.net is offline

Default Possum in the pumpkin patch

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:39:07 -0500, Texas Bob
wrote:

:I never would have thought possum would be in California, but, I did
:know Berkley was full of squirrels.
:
:Texas Bob

One night about 2:00 AM in this same house around 12-15 years ago I came
face to face with a possum in the kitchen! I looked at it, and it looked
at me. We froze. I instinctively walked away, allowing the animal to
react as I knew it would and retreat from the house, which it did. I
took measures to seal off the entrance.

I've only seen possums a few times here. I did see several racoons early
one morning at dawn almost a year ago in the middle of the street two
blocks from my house.

Squirrels are extremely common here. One day this summer when I was in
front of my house I saw maybe 1/2 a dozen or more in just a few minutes.
They were having a convention.

Dan