Old 20-10-2008, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Tomato Sauce Recipe.

HI Pete

Pete Stockdale wrote:
The tomato glut at Nanneys Bridge Nursery drags on !

I caught sight of a tomato sauce recipe being prepared on the television
very recently.
I cannot recall the detail of the programme/channel.
I thought it may have been River Cottage but there seems to be no mention of
this on the program summary.

Anybody help with info on this ?

I'm pretty sure it was on River Cottage - my wife saw it....

Since then we've been doing a batch a day.....

Take ripe tomatoes - halve or quarter them
Spread on a baking tray
Sprinkle a little olive oil
Add herbs, garlic, chilies to taste
Roast in over at 150c for an hour or so to reduce
Force through a sieve, then freeze

Haven't actually used any so far - but a 'finger test' looked promising
- end up with a good thick 'passata-style' concentrate....

Saves letting the toms go to waste!

Regards
Adrian - West Cork