Old 21-10-2008, 02:00 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Hay fever. Whats the best way to attack it?

"Gaynor" wrote in message ...

Hi Jon
My daughter, my father and I all suffer from hay fever quite badly. We
have worked out that when the mango trees flower and native gums in our
area flower that we are worst. I was speaking to the nurse sister at my
daughters day care about this problem and she is into naturopahty . She
suggested between an teaspoon and a tablespoon of "local" honey everyday
(By local honey, I mean honey from your local area, I buy ours from the
local health food shop or craft markets). I have been doing this for a
couple of years now (usually and dessertspoon on the ceral in the morning
and none of has had hayfever since. Apparently it is something to do with
what the bees do with the pollen when they put it into the hives.
Hope this helps.
Gaynor

I tried that but it didn't seem to be effective.

I had a skin allergy test - and found that I'm allergic to grass seeds.

My doctor prescribed for me Rhinocord - I took it and that was very
effective. Much better than claradyne, and all the other common hayfever
tablets.