Old 21-10-2008, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default choosing two out of three trees

The message

from Martin Brown contains these words:

Where do you live? Williams pears are worth growing. Family apple
trees with two varieties on a single stock are worth considering in a
small garden though you do have to prune them to keep the vigorous one
from taking over.

Recently I've planted a family tree, with Charles Ross, James Grieve and
Discovery.

I don't mind if the Charles Ross takes over, as that was the variety I
was looking for, and it is predominant on the existing tree, and the
other two are failsafe pollinators.

James Grieve is a good apple, but I really don't mind if Discovery drops
off...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig