Old 22-10-2008, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default choosing two out of three trees

On 21/10/08 22:05, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

There's no way I can think of putting this other than - Rusty, does James
Grieve have quite a prominent 'navel'? I ask because I had a very old tree
in a previous garden, probably 100 years old or more and never did identify
it for certain but was told it was 'probably' James Grieve.

Hum - can't unforget.

IIRC it's a medium-sized green apple with a touch of blush, and - er -
apple-shaped. That is, not top-shaped like a codlin, not
tangerine-shaped like a (proper) Cox.

Well, that sounds about right insofar as it goes, apple-wise. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com