Old 22-10-2008, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Russian Vine

On 22/10/08 15:36, in article , "Derek
Turner" wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:37:09 +0100, Sacha wrote:

When I think the less garden-minded people here have actively promoted
the idea of planting *several* of these monsters, I'm quite relieved to
see a post that illustrates the trouble that's unleashed by putting one
of these in the wrong place!

Yebbutt the OP says 'invaded': it may very well not be his/her plant. If
it's a neighbours they might not appreciate his/her glyphosating it!

Very true, in which case the only answer is to hide the tins of glyphosate
well among your own shrubs and just dip the tips of the RV in them. ;-))
I lived with this problem for several years because neighbours had used RV
to clothe a lovely old granite wall and it kept coming over and eating my
Clematis montana so I just kept on cutting it back with shears. But it
really was a pain and they simply could not see the problem. They didn't
garden so anything rampant that covered a wall on their side *and* mine was
surely a bonus, seemed to be their idea!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com