Old 23-10-2008, 02:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Help out an autumn newbie

I live in SW Utah, zone 6 or 10 depending on the map I look at. It's
confusing.

I need to go out and torch the weeds in my garden and start for fall.

What would be a good itinerary?

Torch weeds
Till
Fill with organic stuff
Make sure irrigation is in place
Cultivate mounds and rows

What about plants to plant now for winter. I got grapes, raspberries, peach
trees (2), nectarine tree, almond trees (2) apple tree.

I know I need to just go to the library and local nursery, as they have
these things in stock at the proper times. They have been super helpful
when I've gone there before, therefore stealing the business from Star, the
local supermarket nursery.

Help me through this first fall..............

Steve

--
-Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.-