Old 22-10-2008, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
BIO-Dex Consulting BIO-Dex Consulting is offline

Default Adventitious keikis on trichopilia

Cant see the abpo picture, is there a remotely hosted pic anywhere???

Yours Sincerely

Kye
---
BIO-Dex Consulting
www.biodex.com.au

"tenman" wrote in message
news
I posted this on the AOS forum and OGD but haven't gotten any info back, so
now that I can post again, here it is (pic posted on abpo):

Noticed this while gathering up the trichopilias as I try to finish the
year's repotting before winter sets in (I repot outdoors in the back yard
because I have more room and I don't have to worry about the mess). I have
seen such things develop on the tops of pseudobulbs before on a few
oncidinae, but they usually don't mature and eventually die back. These
seem to be becoming viable plantlets, growing roots and even a second
growth on one of them.

I'd be interested in hearing from those in the know about these
adventitious growths - why they happen, how to encourage their formation.
I'm particularly happy to see these as they are on an extremely rare and
hard to obtain plant, T.eneidae.